Re: Europa-List: Binx nuts torque

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Binx nuts torque
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 22:39:24
Will,
Europa told me that you can=99t give a torque figure for them
because it depends how hard they grip =93 takes quite a bit of
torque just to turn them even before they are tight. Just tighten them
up firmly.

Nev (via Bob Borger) said :

"No need for them to be too tight, I just nip them up, then a firm tug
on a regular spanner [ wrench ], at a guess about 125 lb in, plenty
tight enough to keep them from fretting, not enough to stretch the
threads."

Regards,
Keith.
Keith Hickling.