Europa-List: Flap root extension

Subject: Europa-List: Flap root extension
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 02:19:37

According to the manual, one of the last steps in fitting the wings and flaps is
to build a flap root extension. I am nowhere near this, wings are still open
and not yet fitted to the fuselage. Nevertheless I would like to get flaps and
ailerons filled and painted. Partly because it keeps my painter friend busy
and beholden to me, partly to spread cost, but also because I feel it may be a
good idea to have the flaps to net size when closing the wing.

I noticed that the NG flaps have the root extensions as a an integral feature ex
factory. That suggests to me that having them on does not hinder further
assembly
work, but I want to check this before I do anything stupid or expensive.

Any thoughts?

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165