Re: Europa-List: Ring mount to engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ring mount to engine
From: Richard Scanlan <aspenbuild@me.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 18:20:33
Hi Will,

I don=99t remember changing the elbow, think I just repositioned
it. The clearance is very tight, but it=99s a few years ago and I
would have to drop the cowling off to remind myself. At the time I was
=99smarting=99 a bit as Skydrive supplied the mount loose
and then informed me I would invalidate the warranty by fitting the
mount myself.
I didn=99t use any manual for dismantling or reassembly. As a new
engine all components were =99sweet=99 to pull apart, being
an ex-mechanic helped. Thinking about it now reminds me the buggers
didn=99t fit the top cooling shroud either so I had to take at
least one of the manifolds off as well. Shame they lost the Uk
distribution.

Richard

<wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wrote:

> Richard and Keith
> thanks very much very useful.
>
> Richard, I notice that you said "changing the angle" whereas bud's
advice is to change the elbow from 80 to 45 deg - did you change the
elbow or did you just turn it to get a better angle?

<mailto:aspenbuild@me.com>> wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Keith=99s advice is spot on, although I felt I did have to
remove the starter motor, also changing the angle of the water outlet
slightly. Just take your time, I did mine on the dining room table much
to the consternation of my good lady who questioned why I was taking a
new engine apart!

<wdaniell.longport@gmail.com <mailto:wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Im am fitting the ring mount to engine. There is a lot of stuff in
the way...for example coolant hoses to the cylinder heads and some of
the wiring.
>> I dont want to remove any more than I have to.  What needs to be
removed in order to fit the ring mount?  For example does one need to
remove the starter motor?