Re: Europa-List: water drain

Subject: Re: Europa-List: water drain
From: Ken Carpenter <kbcarpenter@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:00:48

Never in twelve years found water in Europa, 100LL or Mogas.  Did find water in
182 after it left out in rain with original cap not tight.  Went to Monarch caps
and no further water but I still check if any plane been outside in rain.
Fueling at strange fields will get you water as happened to me twice.

Sent from my iPad
Ken Carpenter

> On Mar 22, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Grahamhall123@gmail.com <grahamhall123@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since getting my ppl in the late 80's I have always checked fuel drains as
> part
of pre-flight, even when pushed to get going on business trips. On one occasion
one tank of my 182 was clear fluid which did not smell like fuel and did
not evaporate. Transpired I had about 2 liters rainwater in one tank. I will
always
check water drains- it only takes a minute and from my own experience is
a minute well spent. 'to fail to look is to look to fail'.