RE: Europa-List: water drain

Subject: RE: Europa-List: water drain
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:21:23
Hi all !

I had an incident of substantial ingress of water once while parked
overnight at Zell Am See in torrential down pour most of the night.

I have adjusted the =9Cpinch=9D on the filler
=9Co=9D Ring and mostly tape up the filler cap if left
outside ever. The aircraft is always kept in it=99s covered
trailer and I try to fly exclusively on Mogas but  don=99t leave
it full but I have water drains to both sides of the tank ALSO Mini
Andair filters on both fuel flow lines..  Of course everyone will
remember my misfortune of  a  restriction at the finger filters once,
at which time Neville Eyre suggested =9CI shave the dog=9D !
but the dog has long gone and I have =9Cimproved the tank finger
filter arrangements=9D . However I have also in the past
discovered some contamination in the thimble filters in the Electric
Pumps ( the removal of these for inspection requires extreme care , can
only be repaired by complete replacement of the Pumps !) Hope
I=99m not tempting providence by writing all this !

Regards

Bob Harrison  G-PTAG. 914 Rotax.