Europa-List: Re: water drain

Subject: Europa-List: Re: water drain
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:32:49

I had a small number of occasions when I found a few drops of water in my mogas.
My aircraft was parked outside for several years and had Jaxida covers. But
the fabric got old and needed to be washed and treated with water-proofing
liquid
more frequently.

Rarely after heavy prolonged rain storms, I would find a few drops in the fuel
sample. The cap and 'O' ring were tight enough, but I guessed that the fabric
of the covers in contact with the tank breather tube was acting like a wick to
convey water into the breather. When I taped plastic over the tube before
putting
on the cover, there was no water ingress.

Read this topic online here: