Re: Europa-List: rear baggage shelf fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rear baggage shelf fitting
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:42:32

Hi Rowland,
The most fwd lip of the baggage bay extension, its aft face bonds to the fwd
face
of the most aft vertical(?) face of the cockpit module. It isnt a good fit,
or certainly on mine, but both are moulded so I think you will wxperience the
same. There is quite a gap at the inboard portion of the lip/CM vert face, and
its hard to pull in the gap with clecos. I think the redux will have to be
padded
out with flox, and the gap filled, then taped over. I am away from home
so cant check my manual but I believe tapes on the way back will be required
too,
so the loads are equally distributed. That job will be a bitch to get to,
and it possibly isnt required in the manual, but then only one face of the
sandwich
construction of the rear vertical face if the CM will be taking the loads,
albeit there probably isnt too much in the way of loads at that point. I have
my top off, so I was able to pre tape the underside and aft face of the vert
face of the baggage bay, and the flat part, so that now I can redux it in place
on the flanges. If your top is off, I'd suggest you do the same,
As after
The fact, through the D section will be a really fun job. I take my hat off to
those guys that did this mod with the top on. I daresay all that crawling around
lead to many expletives.

Tony Renshaw
Sydney Downunder

> On 15 Mar 2015, at 10:05, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Im looking at the instructions for fitting the rear baggage bay bulkhead
> XSF02A
and am a bit confused about how it relates to the baggage well that is part
of the cockpit module.

> Page 28M-13 of the manual says
>
> "The front flange of the bulkhead fits over the rear of the cockpit module"
>
> which indicates to me that the flange of XSF02A lies _forward_ of the wall of
the baggage well.

> However, page 28M-14 says
>
> "Drill and cleco the bulkhead front flange onto the rear face of the cockpit
module

> which sounds as if the flange of XSF02A lies _aft_ of the wall of the baggage
well.

> The first option seems much more sensible and I think the second quote should
read something like:

> "Drill and cleco the bulkhead front flange onto the front face of the rear
> wall
of the cockpit module