Europa-List: Low Flap

Subject: Europa-List: Low Flap
From: spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 03:59:12

Hi all. I have rigged my plane and have noticed that the port flap hangs low by
3 to 4mm when put into the up position. If i grab the flap i can move it up the
few millimeters I'm trying to remove. This gap happens with or without the
outriggers fitted. I also have Fred K's enhanced fairings fitted. I have read
the hits and tips book supplied by the club and there is one account and
solution
mentioned in it but i thought i would post on here to see if any other people
have experienced this problem. I am building a mono but suspect this may happen
to a tri gear build as well, as i think the problem originates due to the
fact that the connecting rod is attached to the flap cross tube on the STBD
side which will always pull that side tighter. Any suggestions are very welcome.
Many thanks Frank

Read this topic online here: