Re: Europa-List: Re: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:24:44
We use Rustoleum Hammerite spray on many things in the shop.  It looks OK a
nd it is easy to touch up.  It is great for fiberglass components as it cov
ers small imperfections well.  It doesn't hold up to heat well=2C but has b
een used on the ducting in the cowl.

We have not used it on metal control brackets or rods as I like a smooth fi
nish to identify corrosion bubbles hidden under the paint.

It has earned our "dammed adequate" recommendation.

Bud