Re: Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:21:01

Can anyone offer a photo of this revised brake location/configuration?Id be much
obligedFred

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 4:35 AM, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:
>

> Hi Roland
>
> Just rotate it round by one hole so the caliper is pointing backwards more or
less horizontal. Mine needed a small bulge made in the side of the wheel well
to accommodate it.  The idea is that if you get a flat tyre it does not get
ripped
to pieces by rubbing on the caliper.

> Pete
> G-RMAC #109
>
> On 04/12/14 11:55, Rowland Carson wrote:
>>
>> I seem to recall a discussion some years back about the optimum position for
mounting the monowheel brake caliper, because folk found in service that there
was a problem with the standard position.

>> Ive searched the Matronics archives for the Europa list but have not found a
relevant message thread.

>> The manual illustration shows the brake caliper mounted in-line with the
>> landing
gear arm, but (without drilling any new holes) there are 2 other possibilities.