Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position

Subject: Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 11:55:05

I seem to recall a discussion some years back about the optimum position for
mounting
the monowheel brake caliper, because folk found in service that there was
a problem with the standard position.

Ive searched the Matronics archives for the Europa list but have not found a
relevant
message thread.

The manual illustration shows the brake caliper mounted in-line with the landing
gear arm, but (without drilling any new holes) there are 2 other possibilities.

Can anyone tell me which one is the optimum in practice?

And is there any LAA Engineering issue with changing the brake mounting?

in friendship

Rowland