Re: Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: monowheel brake caliper mounting position
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:35:00

Hi Roland

Just rotate it round by one hole so the caliper is pointing backwards
more or less horizontal. Mine needed a small bulge made in the side of
the wheel well to accommodate it.  The idea is that if you get a flat
tyre it does not get ripped to pieces by rubbing on the caliper.

Pete
G-RMAC #109

On 04/12/14 11:55, Rowland Carson wrote:

> I seem to recall a discussion some years back about the optimum position for
mounting the monowheel brake caliper, because folk found in service that there
was a problem with the standard position.

> Ive searched the Matronics archives for the Europa list but have not found a
relevant message thread.

> The manual illustration shows the brake caliper mounted in-line with the
> landing
gear arm, but (without drilling any new holes) there are 2 other possibilities.