Re: Europa-List: Stern post access panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stern post access panel
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:23:21

I'm not aware of a mod ever being requested for this.
If you are building a mono wheel with a tail spring, then this might not
be a great idea as the stern post will carry some of the weight of the
aircraft on the ground.
If on the other hand you are building a tri-gear, then would think that
the stern post will not be subjected to any great loads that low down,
so it shouldn't be a problem. G-IANI is a tri-gear.

Nigel

On 22/11/2014 22:39, spcialeffects wrote:

> Hello all. I would like to make an access panel in the stern post in case I
> need
to remove the long control shaft and also to make it easier for access into
the tail end For maintance. My inspector is a bit dubious about cutting into
the post but I said to him that I got the idea after seeing that G-IANI has a
vent from the D panel to the stern post. So my question is, is there a mod for
this install on G-IAN