RE: Europa-List: Minimum CHT

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Minimum CHT
From: Gustavo Sessarego <gsessare@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:23:52
hi everybody=2C

i want to leave this e-mail list. how should i do?

regards

> Date: Sat=2C 4 Oct 2014 12:21:43 +0100
> From: thomas@scherer.com
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Minimum CHT
>

> Dear Richard=2C
>
> thank you for renewinging this question. N81EU has now 1.ooo hrs on the
> Hobbs and with a modified cooling system. She has flown between the
> arctic and the Sahara with sometimes vy low Oil / CHT temps. I do not
> see any damage to the engine (e.g. compression)=2C but will like to hear

> more input on this.
>
> greetings from the other side of Africa
>
> <Thomas=2C N81EU>
>
> Am 10/4/2014 11:40 AM=2C schrieb Richard Lamprey:
mail.com>

> > This subject has come up before=2C but still no clear answer...  minimu
m CHT.  The other day=2C cruising at 9500' over the Great Rift Valley in Ke
nya=2C in Europa 5Y-LRY (Classic=2C Mono=2C 912 UL=2C 15 years old=2C 650 h
ours)=2C the CHT was down at 55 C.  I have very efficient radiators made by
 Docking Engineering at Silverstone=2C but never saw the coolant at this lo
w temp.  I use to blank off from time to time=2C but then in the hot desert
 areas it goes up a bit higher=2C eg 110 C=2C so I have to cater for all Ke
nya  conditions.  At 55 C it ran sweetly.  Rotax info tells me that the nor
mal is 75 C to 110 C.  Is any damage done at lower temps?