Europa-List: rudder hinge queries

Subject: Europa-List: rudder hinge queries
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 20:57:36

Now that the sternpost and fin tip are bonded in, Im offering up the rudder to
the fin and checking where the hinges need to be. Now I have 2 queries.

(1) I cant see anywhere in the manual that mentions it, but I am assuming that
I need to trim the fin flush with the edge of the sternpost so as to have a
straight
edge all the way from top to bottom. The flat part of the sternpost (ie
bonded to the fin skin) on which the hinges must go is only about 20mm, which
is the width of the hinges, so that looks OK.

(2) The top hinge partly lines up with the joggle in the sternpost for the
junction
between the fin and the fin tip. Is it safe to grind that joggle back to
get a surface that is in line with the rest of the sternpost?

in friendship

Rowland