Re: Europa-List: Loading/unloading a mono without wings attached?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Loading/unloading a mono without wings attached?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:32:14

Although I have EXTREMELY LIMITED experience of loading / unloading the mono
from
the Europa trailer, I share your concerns. I believe that with future operations
I will be stabilizing the fuselage w/ a ratcheting tension strap on both
sides of the cockpit secured to the door sill with a custom slip-on bracket,
thence down to the trailer frame.

BTW, best of luck w/ your STOL experimentssounds like youve designed a
reasonable
plan, though personally, I would want to have very high confidence in the
mechanics
of any moveable leading edge slats in order to avoid the obvious problems
w/ assymetry.

F.

On Sep 12, 2014, at 11:21 AM, Clive Sutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm considering a mono but wondering how the a/c fuselage is loaded and
> unloaded
on/off of the traditional mono trailer.  I don't have much drive space at
home and would really like to be able to load and unload without using the wings
to prevent the fuselage from 'rolling over' when the main wheel is out of the
'scoop' platform.  What is the considered view about this - can it be done
and if so what solutions have people developed please?  Clive :?