Re: Europa-List: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.
From: K BURNS <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:27:31
Alan,=0A=0Ahttp://www.europa-aircraft.co.uk/upload/CBM%20-%2029T%20-%20LAND
ING%20GEAR%20TRIGEAR%20January%202013_1.pdf=0A=0Ais the link to the correct
 chapter in the manual, page 13 has some photos, page 14 diagrams.=0A=0AIf
the full Nose leg assembly is moving side to side as you describe from the
top pivot point -(1 inspect for any cracks or tube failures and if none s
een ) the pivot fixing method is by two bronze -half shells either side,
clamped around the mount frame lower front tube, there needs to be slight c
learance either side ,allowing for build tolerance's so it is not metal bou
nd, feels approx 1/2 mm max on my installation.=0A=0AThe 4 bolts (2 each si
de)-need checked that they are not loose, (they are lock wired-as a pai
r to each other bolt-for safety).=0A=0ABy feel you should be able to tell
 if-you have any rocking on these plain bearings , (as against reasonable
 side to side clearances) -.=0A=0AYou will need cowls of to take a good l
ook, torch mirrors, get your hands in and feel, but don't rely on just jack
s,-use -an engine hoist and or wing stands for safety while under.=0A
=0AAlso look for any elongated skinny sections of bungy elastic on the nose
 leg suspension , I have found failures on aircraft I maintain where the to
p firewall rubs at the top nose leg frame , that is very difficult to spot
-(aircraft time was approx 425 hrs/ 800 landings)( I-prefer the nose sp
ring conversion )-.=0A=0AGood Luck =0A=0AKevin Burns=0A=0A-=0A =0A=0A__
______________________________=0A From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.n
et>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 18:
47=0ASubject: Europa-List: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.=0A
tel.net>=0A=0AHello All.=0AI have a Europa Mono converted into a Tri Gear,
=0AI have noticed when the nose wheel is off the ground, and you grab hold
of the tyre, there is some sideways movement, ie not on the wheel bearings,
 but the whole assembly, =0AI have not had a good look at it yet, and I hav
e no drawing or plans of these components, as it was converted by Europa Ai
rcraft Company in about 2001.=0AI would guess the actual nose wheel arm has
 some play in it,=0ACan anybody give some guide lines on the assembly and w
here the play might be.=0AMany Thanks.=0AAlan=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic
 online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=429473#429