Europa-List: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.

Subject: Europa-List: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:47:57

Hello All.
I have a Europa Mono converted into a Tri Gear,
I have noticed when the nose wheel is off the ground, and you grab hold of the
tyre, there is some sideways movement, ie not on the wheel bearings, but the
whole
assembly,
I have not had a good look at it yet, and I have no drawing or plans of these
components,
as it was converted by Europa Aircraft Company in about 2001.
I would guess the actual nose wheel arm has some play in it,
Can anybody give some guide lines on the assembly and where the play might be.
Many Thanks.
Alan

Read this topic online here: