Re: Europa-List: Coolant temperature measurement

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant temperature measurement
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 16:50:37
Bob,

Contact GRT Avionics.  They have an aluminum tube that inserts into the
line between the expansion tank and the radiator.  It has a threaded
fitting on the side for a temperature probe.  I have one installed on my
Rotax 914.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (50 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Aug 16, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Bob Fairall <Bob.Fairall@fairalls.co.uk>
wrote:

<Bob.Fairall@fairalls.co.uk>

> The latest installation manual for the Rotax 912S/ULS calls for, in
addition to the CHT sensors, monitoring of the coolant temperature.

> The sensor to monitor the coolant temperature has to be installed in
the line between the expansion tank and the radiator inlet. One option
suggested in the manual is a 'Tee' piece in the line, the sensor fitted
into the tee.

> Does anyone have any experience of this or know of an off the shelf
sensor assembly installed in such a 'Tee' piece please?