Re: Europa-List: Classic Radiators

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Classic Radiators
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:23:13

Hi Frank

Having spent the morning doing the engine part of my annual I would not
recommend building a Classic front end.  Concepts like 'I would like to
fit' are a complete pain as there is so little room to fit anything at
all in the Classic cowls.  I do not know how big an inter cooler is but
just finding space in mine for water and oil thermostats suggests it may
not be possible.  I should get a look under the hood of a Classic before
you decide. It is almost impossible to see down the back of the engine
let alone get your hand in.

Regards

Pete
G-RMAC Classic 912

On 14/08/14 15:27, spcialeffects wrote:

> So here i am again posting on our forum, to ask questions which can not be
> answered
by the company who made my kit. Before i continue i would like to say
that.........if
i drove a 1960's BMW and went into BMW's today to ask for a part,
for that 50 year old car, they would look on their computer or micro fish and
tell me "we dont have that in stock but we can get it for you" or words to
that effect. The reason for this is because they have a drawing of it, which can
be recalled, to either order one OR make one. HOWEVER after a disappointing
phone call to europa today i find out that they do not have technical drawings
for the port and stbd radiators that were used on the original classic. In their
defence, or rather Karen's defense, i don't expect them to have any on the
shelf (which she did have, just one possibly port) but i do expect that they
have drawings of them for existing customers who are flying their machines and
will, at some point, experience failure.
>       So to my question. I am building kit 165 a europa classic. I have the
> original
cowls and want to use them as i like the look of them as opposed to the
XS style or Nev's new design (no offense nev) BUT europa are unable to supply
me with drawings and measurement's so that i can get the two radiators
fabricated.
I am also fitting a Rotax 914 engine.
>             Has anyone got drawings for the rads that i can use to get some
> made?
Or has anyone got the rads and wouldn't mind lending them to me to so i can
get copies made? Or has someone done something else?
>        Also staying on the engine theme i would like to fit an inter cooler
> system
and would like to know from others who have this fitted where you got it
and rough cost please? Many thanks to all. A Frustrated builder, Frank X.