Re: Europa-List: trimming fuselage upper moulding firewall flange

Subject: Re: Europa-List: trimming fuselage upper moulding firewall flange
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 07:32:42

On Aug 1, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be any explicit advice about trimming that area
in the manual, but fig 8 on page 23M-5 seems to suggest that a 25mm
flange is OK, since the BID tapes it illustrates going across the joint
are only 50mm wide.

Rowland=85IMHO, it is a real stretch to interpret fig. 8 as "a
suggestion that a 25 mm flange is OK=94=85personally, I would not
consider trimming the top fuselage flange at the firewall for even a
nanosecond, given its obvious contribution to the rigidity to the
airframe=85I read fig. 8 as an un-dimensioned illustration of the
relationships of the various components at this critical
intersection=85nothing more...Fred