Re: Europa-List: Tailplane transport

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane transport
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 12:53:55
Richard=2C
I prefer a box with soft foam padding on the bottom and 1/2 inch foam on th
e sides.  It is important not to put any load on the TP16 trim tab pins.  F
or our enclosed trailers we have done this.

Posts can be problematic if not built precise.  Small trailers on rough roa
ds means if there is any play it will impose shock loads.  This may cause e
ventual bearing failure.

Personally=2C I put them in the back seat or padded and strapped in my truc
k bed.  I sleep better that way.

Regards
Bud Yerly

Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:

I am refurbing my open trailer. For the tailplanes=2C I originally made a p
lywood box on the trailer for them both to fit in. I wondered if anyone had
 a better solution for transporting them?

Richard Iddon.

G-RIXS