Re: Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:25:31
Tony & David=C2-=C2-=C2- =0AMy guess is that because you want to keep
 RF (caused by square waves in the strobe),=0Ayou should sheath the signal
wires only.=0AFergus Kyle would know, maybe Bud does too=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doc
tors.org.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Thursday, 31 July 201
4, 12:50=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query=0A =0A=0A-
=0A=0ATony, Not clever enough to give you a definitive answer, but strongly
 suspect you should have all wires in a single sheath. You can incidentally
 buy nice cable sheath in various diameters which you can apply easily retr
ospectively over a bundle of wires. Can't remember where I got mine from no
w, but I found them by googling wire sheathing or something similar.=0ARega
ard Collings" <rcollings@talktalk.net> wrote:=0A> --> Europa-List message p
osted by: "Richard Collings" <rcollings@talktalk.net>=0A> =0A> Hi Tony=0A>
Just a thought, but if your position lights are LED, ie. very low current l
oad, then you could use radio mic cable which you will have to get anyway t
o wire in your jack plugs.=0A> Changing the subject, I am coming down to Sy
dney in January next year and would like to meet you and look at your Europ
a, perhaps we could arrange something nearer the time.=0A> Regards=0A> Rich
ard=0A> =0A> -----Original Message----- From: Tony Renshaw=0A> Sent: Wednes
day, July 30, 2014 11:40 AM=0A> To: europa-list@matronics.com=0A> Subject:
Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query=0A> =0A> --> Europa-List message p
osted by: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0A> =0A> Gidday,=0A> I am
 using AveoflashLP Ultra Aurora Nav/Strobe lights, that have their flasher
units within the lights. There is 4 cables coming from each strobe, and to
get quad core shielded is very hard, and expensive. The suppliers don
=99t mention in their installation documentation that you need shielded wir
ing, and yet when pushed, they do. I am wondering if I just shield the posi
tive cable, or whether I need to also shield the negative/earth, and the
=9Cphase wire=9D which goes to each strobe to keep them synchro
nised. I=99d be interested on what anyone thinks, and in fact whether
 shielding them all together could introduce a specific problem rather than
 just having one or two of the wires shielded.=0A> Regards=0A> Tony Renshaw
=0A> Sydney Aussie=0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> Un/Subscription,=0A> Forums
- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -