Re: Europa-List: France Holidaying Suggestions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: France Holidaying Suggestions
From: Grahamhall123@gmail.com <grahamhall123@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:42:24

Hi Tony,
How about a week or so on the French canals? Relaxing and you see the real
France.
Endless walks and cycling on tow paths, as well as the fun of handling the
boat and locks etc. its a really good holiday for all ages. Good food and wine
and a lot of fun!
The canal du midi is near where you are going, but is usually busy as it is
fabulous.
Plenty of hire companies do one way hires. However for quieter canals in
the heart of France look at the nivernais canal in burgundy.Plenty of hire
companies
including France afloat, le boat, nicholls and locaboat, all on line,
hire on several of the canals. Plenty of visitors from aus and nz as well as
loads of Brits on the canals, so you are amongst friends!
September is our favourite time to spend on the french canals. Usually much
quieter
and weather often very good.
For a different view of France and life I recommend the canals. As you can tell
I am addicted- hence the slow progress on Europa build!
If you need any more info please let me know .
Best wishes,
Graham Hall

On Jul 2, 2014, at 5:34 AM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gidday,
> We are coming across to France in late August early September for 2-3 weeks
> and
would like some suggestions in particular of places out of the way, and maybe
some hiking day trips as well. Well do the normal stuff, but I was wondering
about trying to get out of the car and take in a bit whilst hiking. Id like
to have a closer look at the Pyrenees and at this time of the year it should be
the right time to get about. We might head down as far as Barcelona or simply
tick the French box, including the Med.