Re: Europa-List: Facebook/Twitter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Facebook/Twitter
From: duanefamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:44:56

Alan, please don't allow the answers to your post steer you away from the E
uropa world. I don't understand the almost vehement refusal to even discuss
 your idea. There is absolutely NO thought of "replacing" our current Forum
, but merely adding to our world. No one is demanding that people change th
e way they share their Europa world, but simply add another means to draw t
hose that use these means of communication. Some people prefer FB/Twitter b
ecause that is "their" world.....others, myself included, have relied on ou
r current communication platform for so long that is feels good. But I woul
d not be against having a means of more easily sharing pix of other builder
s designs, paint schemes, fixes to problems, and especially requesting help
 with a problem (a picture IS worth a thousand words). Also, unless you are
 already in the Europa world, people would never search for the Europa webs
ite or Builders Forum. On FB/Twitter, our world could attract those that co
uld develop a passion for building or flying Europas. And people need not s
hare any more personal information than they feel comfortable with. Everyth
ing that goes on FB/Twitter gets gleaned by so many information gatherers i
t would make your head spin.

Mike Duane