Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 12:36:50

Jim

My NSI CAP140 is VP.  With a 912ul and only 80hp it is an essential to
operate from short strips.

I have found good support from AirMaster in NZ, they provided me with
one of their spinners plus all the ancillaries (and fitting suggestions)
to replace the non symmetrical Europa classic offering.  It fitted my
NSI perfectly.  Trouble is NZ is as far from the UK as you can get and
the concept of having to get support for Arplast from Australia, when
you could drive to the factory in France in just a few hours, seems
absolutely crazy. I am just surprised there is no UK agent since Jerry
packed up a few years back.  There seem to be plenty of Arplast used by
the microlight folks so they must get support from somewhere.

Regards

Pete

On 18/05/14 12:11, g-fizy wrote:

> Hi pete I have not tried after reading some not very nice comments about the
company ,i have read that the australian agent is very helpfull but the lack of
backup worries

> All I can say is when it works it works it's like changing gear in the air lol
>
> If I had to replace it I would look at the backup first
>
> Regards jim
>
> me
> pete@lawless.info wrote:
>> Hi Jim
>>
>> Have you ever managed to get any sense out of Arplast?
>>
>> I quite fancy a PV50 if I ever need to replace my NSI but the Arplast
>> website is unhelpful and I understand from others that the company never
>> respond to enquiries.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Pete
>> G-RMAC #109
>>
>> On 18/05/14 09:44, g-fizy wrote:
>>

>>>   Fixed ,,Thanks for all of the advice I tested the prop motor using a pp9
battery and it worked fine ,it turns out ,that when the feed wife broke ,my
actions
to repair the wire caused the wire rod to be incorrectly  located so no
power was going to the motor ,i had to cycle the prop so i could relocate it
correctly
,the method of connecting the wire to the moving part is not the best
,l will have to keep an eye on that one