Re: Europa-List: Re: facebook or twitter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: facebook or twitter
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 13:09:19

On 8 May 2014, at 11:51, g-fizy wrote:

> Why not just have a facebook or twitter page ASWELL ,But not for technichal
> items,,
you could look if you want ,dont have to join or follow ,, the adavanteges
would be posting pictures of your location where your going ,builders can
easly post updates of their work ,,,,and best of all non europa people who mite
have a interest can look at the pages ,,,I am happy to set up the pages if
enough are interested

Jim - I counted responses from about 15 people on this topic. All but a couple
were not keen to add another place for Europa stuff. That sounds to me like "not
enough interested", although of course you may have had supporters of your
idea contact you outside the Matronics forum. On the other hand if you are
having
difficulty reading the Matronics messages you may have missed some of the
feedback to your suggestion.

There's nothing to stop you setting up your own bit of Europa cyberspace
wherever you want to, but please do make sure that it always has pointers to
the well-established discussion forum on the Matronics server, and the big
reservoir of pictures on http://europaowners.org (not to be confused with
europaowners.com which is about the Lotus car of the same name).

If you don't provide those connexions, people coming across your new
site/page/feed/whatever
might be tempted to think "can't be much good of an aeroplane if
it's got only 1 guy interested in it".

One more thought - I can see a great deal of enthusiasm in your postings
(previous
threads as well as this one) and am wondering if there is an opening for you
on The Europa Club committee - I'm sure your willingness to consider new ideas
would be welcome. I'm copying this message to present member of The Europa
Club committee for information.

Now back to the garage ...

in friendship

Rowland