RE: Europa-List: Rotax 9xx oil From the OTHER BOB .......BOB HARRISON

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 9xx oil From the OTHER BOB .......BOB HARRISON
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 21:03:55
IMHO the  recommended Shell M0-Cycle oil doesn=99t accommodate the
extreme cam lobe pressures on the prop- strike cams in front of the
gearbox evidenced by a unsatisfactory magnetic plug.

I am testing the use of a tin of Halfords extreme Pressure STP oil per
oil change, but heat it and mix it well before you put it in the engine.
 I have about 150 hours now with no cam erosion and clean magnetic plug
since commencing this procedure.

Regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG