Re: Europa-List: rudder cable pull test

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rudder cable pull test
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:49:34

On 21 Apr 2014, at 17:31, Rowland Carson wrote:

> Applying 550 lbs tension

breaking
strain of the cable (920 lbs) and the 60% of ultimate load called up in
AC43.13-1B:

"7-146. CABLE PROOF LOADS. Cable terminals and splices should be tested for
proper
strength before installation. Gradually apply a test load equal to 60 percent
of the cable-breaking strengths given in table 7-3 and table 7-4, for a period
of 3 minutes".

If I can't find any other UK Europa builder who has done this test, my next port
of call will be LAA Engineering to see if they can offer some suggestions to
my inspector.

in friendship

Rowland