Europa-List: Strobe system

Subject: Europa-List: Strobe system
From: spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 01:55:25

Looking round for a strobe system and well done lots of reading, looked at lots
of different systems and am still confused. I want 4 strobes, 1 per wing, fin
and belly. I wanted to use an LED system and found X1100 Hide-A-LED Modules
which
if I have understood correctly can be linked up with up to 20 led's and doesn't
require a big power pack as this is built into each of the leads coming
---From the LED itself including multi flash option and they boast 1100+ lumens
BUT I have read some reviews from people who bought them and they aren't
impressed
saying they are not all that during daylight and not that bright. Then I
thought well just stick to the normal xenon tube style. Once again building an
aircraft is most defiantly a learning curve AND a very personal thing so my
questions
are what are people using, xenon or led, do you wish you had the other?
If you were or are still building what advice would you have given yourself
in regards to wiring, positioning (fin or fuselage). Thanks one and all, Frank
.

Read this topic online here: