Re: Europa-List: Strobe system

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Strobe system
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 23:29:58

Hi Frank
First off follow the old saying "Keep it simple", why four? I have been
flying my europa for 18 months and have not felt the need to increase the
number of xenon strobe lights from the one I have on the tail fin. Having
stated that, as I fly out of a very busy airfield with only an information
service I think I will fit landing light at some time, not so as to see at
night but to show a clear intention that I am planning to land.
A warning though we have landing lights fitted on to our Euro Fox glider tug
and all the pilots use them on approach, they were changed recently for leds
and they were found to emit a lot of RF noise which required one of the
clubs electronic wizards fix.
Best of luck
Richard