Re: Europa-List: Instrument panel Fairing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument panel Fairing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:00:26
On Mar 8, 2014, at 5:47 AM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm experimenting with an idea to incorporate a Flood panel light
system, using dimmable LEDs. I don't want to see them, so I need to hide
them in the instrument panel coaming, and to do that I need to thicken
it. I'm interested if anyone else has done that, and I wouldn't mind
making mine capable of accommodating an energy absorbing material, like
a rubber hemispherical section.

Tony=85see pixs below=85I made the lip w/ 2 thicknesses of 3/8=94 dense
but flexible white foam=85not energy-absorbing=85after rounding off,
foam covered w/ 1 layer BID...I also extended the sunshade over the com
panel and found that a 36=94 strip of LEDs was perfect and is bonded w/
silicone to the =93back face=94 of the lip or valence which hides the
lights from the pilot & passenger=92s eyes.

For =93energy-absorbing=94, you might try some of that slotted round
closed cell neoprene foam pipe insulation=85just a thought=85

Good luck,

Fred