Europa-List: Instrument panel Fairing

Subject: Europa-List: Instrument panel Fairing
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 15:47:33
Gidday,
I'm experimenting with an idea to incorporate a Flood panel light system, us
ing dimmable LEDs. I don't want to see them, so I need to hide them in the i
nstrument panel coaming, and to do that I need to thicken it. I'm interested
 if anyone else has done that, and I wouldn't mind making mine capable of ac
commodating an energy absorbing material, like a rubber hemispherical sectio
n. Below is the start of this little experiment with a foam buildup that I w
ill sand back against the original panel, but thicken the coaming, and hopef
ully embed my LEDs within, so I can't see them. I also thought of incorporat
ing either an annunciator bulge in the middle, or a Caution/warning light in
 the same spot. I'd like to request input especially from not too tall pilot
s (I'm 5'9"_175cm) as to the max thickness I could make the coaming without o
bscuring the top instruments.
Thanks.
Regards
Tony Renshaw