Europa-List: Re: New cockpit panel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New cockpit panel
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:06:02

Hi Frank,

I wasn't aware of the fact, that crash test data is needed in the UK for
Experimental
aircrafts - have there been made any crash tests with the Europa? I thought
that only certified aircrafts have to be crash tested.

Well, the cockpit design is generally no other than the DA 20 Katana or many
Microlight designs (in fact almost all aircraft have full width panels) and I
cannot see any differences concerning crash behavior. BTW on the club homepage
you can also find a picture of a full width panel, but I don't know, if it
belongs to a UK-builder
http://www.theeuropaclub.org/for-builders/panel-instruments/.

As for the costs, this is only the price I relay for the producer of it (I'm not
the producer), only wanted to make this clear :-).

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS Trigear 914