Re: Europa-List: where to put OAT sensor?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: where to put OAT sensor?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 12:04:18

Alan & rowland, problem with anywhere subject to ram air
pressurization is that it will give an appreciably higher
temp than true OAT.(Boyle & his law). I have an airbox
temp sensor in my air plenum and also an OAT sensor in the
wing root just in front of the flap control slot and the
two give significantly different temps once the plane is
flying, if I remember rightly by something like 8C.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ