RE: Europa-List: Flap cross tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap cross tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:40:53
Hi Frank!

It turned out that my cross-tube was certainly in the ball-park, but I
guess
all the combined dimensions between the tube, the flaps, etc. didn't
allow
it to quite reach all the way. For certain, that is a good idea to have
Europa measure the replacement, to verify it is at least as long as the
one
you have, and it can be cut down to size.

It's your touch=E9 on the line with regards to replacement. Not sure how
far
back the kink is after the re-bend, but maybe you can clamp the
non-kinked
side into the v-blocks, and slightly test-bend the tube on the kinked
side
(in the direction that the kink wants to bend the tube) and compare it
the non-kinked side. Not a permanent bend of course, just within the
spring
of the tube. If there is any loss of strength, the kinked side would
bend
easier. If it does, then I'd throw it out and go with new, because a
tight-fitting strengthening tube would never fit over the kink..and
certainly not on a bend.

Just my .02.
Greg

  _____