Europa-List: Mod 78 Test Flight and a Question

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 78 Test Flight and a Question
From: djaflyact <djaflyact@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:40:20

Hello Europa Builders,
I've been so busy putting out fires, I can't recall if I posted about this. I
did
a successful test test flight of the mini U2 with Mod 78. Everything went very
well with the most significant thing being piece of mind knowing I am no longer
flying with a defective wing spar. All flight characteristics down to stall
were unchanged. Don't anyone hesitate to contact me with questions about their
hurdles. I'm happy to discuss. Of course, I never want to do anything like
that again. I'm thinking I did post about this before.... hmmmmm..

Question: Has anyone developed fairings for the outriggers that hang down and
are
not retracted on the long wing? I have faired the shafts by carving the blue
foam to form a fairing shape and then covering it with a large piece of heat
shrink tubing. I think it would be worthwhile to install a fairing meant
specifically
for the long wing outriggers, but there are not that many out there I
guess. I have never heard of Europa developing fairings for this purpose.

Thanks,

Dave
A227
Mini U2