Re: Europa-List: Weight and Balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Weight and Balance
From: Jeremy Fisher <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 11:34:09
I would like to thank those of you who responded to my request for a W&B
sheet, it gave me the answers that I was hoping for.

Incidentally I just bought the XAvion App for my IPad.  Among many other
things, it enables you to very quickly input the W&B data before each
flight, and gives a clear graphical indication of whether you meet the
parameters, ready for any ramp check.  For those of you in the US, it is
really worth looking into for its safety factors, including
automatically calculating where you can glide into in the event of an
engine failure, together with full steering information, and a warning
if you try to take off or land downwind.  All for $100.  Incredible.

Jerry
On Nov 9, 2013, at 7:16 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:

> Max
> thanks for the spread sheet. This is the only sensible way to do
weight and balance. But!
> one does need to check it thoroughly when its first written.
> The same spreadsheet will work with any airplane. Just change the
variable parameters and that's it.
> Then before every flight fill in the variables like fuel quantity,
crew weights, baggage  and that's it.
> Graham

Fisher