Europa-List: Re: MGL Avionics Primary Flight Display ?.is

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MGL Avionics Primary Flight Display ?.is
From: pestar <peter@reivernet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:36:55

I have dual Voyagers G2's EFIS, 1 x Xtreme EFIS (endurance bus), 2 x MGL V10
radios
and live in NZ.  See my avatar

I chose MGL over GRT, AFS and Dynon after visiting Oshkosh 2 years in a row.

Why

I can create and have created my own screens.

The Voyagers EFIS talk to one and another.

I am a datacommunications engineer and am comfortable in this environment.

MGL had an integrated AP before the others which I use with PocketFMS using Trio
servos (prior to the MGL servos availability).

We have a very good NZ agent which cannot be said for Dynon, GRT or AFS.  There
units are good but if they break back to the USA they go.

Apart from debugging which took sometime due to the complex nature of my panel
I have had no problems.

I have no round gauges at all, just dual MGL AHRS and dual busses.

Sometimes people who post (referring to the one highlighted) fire off before
really
thinking about it.  Yes I had my frustrations but in time they have all come
through.

And lastly I like the upgrade path MGL offer and have taken advantage of it
previously
and will do so once the G3 becomes available.

OK I will get of my soapbox now, all will do their job very well.

Cheers Peter

--------
Peter Armstrong
Auckland, New Zealand