Europa-List: GAR forms

Subject: Europa-List: GAR forms
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:02:50

Anyone coming into UK from abroad (including those returning to UK after a trip
overseas) may be interested in the following item I saw on the AOPA newsletter:

AOPA UK has been informed that the system of designated airports through which
GA can access the UK without filing a General Aviation Report has been abandoned
by the UK Border Force without consultation, and that a GAR must be filed
whichever
point of entry is to be used. Border Force warns that a fine of 1,000
could be levied in case of default. AOPA is working to address the issue, and
more information will be made available soon.

in friendship

Rowland