Re: Europa-List: DOT4 and filling the monowheel brake line

Subject: Re: Europa-List: DOT4 and filling the monowheel brake line
From: Lance Sandford <sandford@melbpc.org.au>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 21:14:02
On 05/10/13 17:58, Nigel Graham wrote:
Ferg,

I had an  experience similar to Nigel. My unit had been stored for a
similar time.
After soaking in various fluids for several weeks, using heat and
compressed air to no avail, I borrowed the hand pump from a hydraulic
press which finally shifted to piston.
The piston was dry and so badly corroded I turned up a new one, also
adding concentric grooves to the rear face to allow fluid easier access
to the piston when fully retracted. The bore of the cylinder I was able
to salvage.

Regards

Lance Sandford