Europa-List: Mag drop

Subject: Europa-List: Mag drop
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:59:33
I have excessive mag drop on one magneto and am not sure where to look for
the problem. Would anyone have any guidelines for this ? I have someone's c
ourse notes which state that: if you pull the choke while running on the ba
d mag=2C and if there is any change in rpm=2C then it is most likely a carb
 problem. If there is no change then it is an ignition problem. I get an in
crease in rpm.The engine ran fine 12 months ago. Since then I changed and r
e-arranged all fuel lines. How would I identify the faulty carburetor ? And
 then what do I look for ?Any hints greatly appreciated.Karl