Europa-List: Re: No Title

Subject: Europa-List: Re: No Title
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:28:34

Moin Raimo!

I'm sure that the answer to your question, what the minimum safe altitude to
cross
the Alps is, should be given from someone, who has done that already (e.g.
Frans Feldmann) :-) If you go straight over the Mt Blanc Massive (there is
normally
no need to do that), your plane should be capable for well over 17.000
ft. When you want to travel to Italy, you could choose the Brenner route and
7.000
ft would be sufficient. Care must be taken concerning the weather all the
time when flying in the Alps (more than normal) because you have less options
and it can change rapidly. So far my theoretical knowledge.

Regarding performance at altitude I went up to FL 120 with ease on my way back
---From AERO fare in Friedrichshafen to my homebase EDLE. The aircraft (and
engine)
were quite happy up there.

The MHC, yes, definetely something I would like to become a member of. I can
bring
my wife as company :-). Let's talk about that on a meeting at Siljan Airpark
with a beer.... what was it - taxiway 9 Y?

Hope to see you and Marke at Texel next year (the latest)!

Roland

Read this topic online here: