Re: Europa-List: Seat backs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Seat backs
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:18:20

Tony
Take a look at www. Demon-tweaks.co.uk and look up expanding foam seat kit.  I
have used this in racing car and makes an exact foam shape of your body.  I am
not sure of the practicality of in a Europa because it be could uncomfortable
for any one else who sat in the seat.

Regards

Brian Davies

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Sep 2013, at 09:31, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gidday,
> Considering seating solutions I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on
> whether
there might be an argument to take a plaster moulding of my back, then laying
it up with cloth, then applying a suitable depth of foam to that plug, and
then re-laying more cloth on-top of that. This way you get an insert that has
your upholstery attached that you can drop in, and the plan is to then pack
it out appropriately. Would that be a worthy strategy, or am I thinking too
much?
It might be a bit limiting for wriggle room I suppose, but as I see it, there
isn't much wiggle room anyway. I'm interested in the bean bag solution, but
I have never sat in one that was initially comfortable, and I don't know how
you could contain the beads such that they didn't migrate. So, any opinions on
my attempts to "redesign the wheel" ? I would love to find a product, a spray
foam, that would go off quickly and then be shapeable. It would be great to
be able to use a spray foam as a template-able materia!