RE: Europa-List: Spar socket hole enlargement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Spar socket hole enlargement
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 19:51:25

Hi! Andrew,
The washer/washers are bedded to take up any slack on the back of the
starboard spa tip and canister So contributing to retaining the Starboard
spa close secured to the Port Spa. The Starboard Spar is retained close to
the centre of the port spa by laying up the "cuff" surrounding the two spas
in the middle . The choice of a plain main pin on the starboard side would
have been to do with reducing cost but in any case since the wings fail
FORWARDS it is not so vital to retain the starboard spa from migrating aft
when it is close to the wing close out but it's tip will tend to be parted
---From its mate..
Many have purchased an additional pip pin to remove any uncertainty which
pin goes where !
Hope this helps ? But spoken from a pure layman ........with two pip pins !
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  (Was it you who was sending me some pictures of main
gear spats which are hinged to fold upwards?)