Re: Europa-List: Spar socket hole enlargement

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spar socket hole enlargement
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 13:53:20

Hi Its very important to get the spar socket mounted in the right position,
to do this  rig the wings on to the fuselage and glued the spar sockets in
place. The spar pins hold the whole lot in position on the 0.5 inch hole.
The opened up side of the socket  faces the seatback as a clearance hole is
required so as not to interferer with the seat back bushes. Be very careful
not to get excess glue onto the spar I covered mine with brown case tape to
be sure. When the glue has gone off de-rig the wings very carefully and then
add a generous glue fillet round the glue joint and re-enforce it with 3 ply
of bid.
Good luck Richard