Re: Europa-List: Prop balancing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Prop balancing
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:54:46
Frank=0AYou can check the balance of each blade with an accurate (to 1/10th
 gram) balance.=0AMake a jig to carry  the blade pivoted about the centre o
f the prop, then weigh each blade moment=0Aat a point somewhere around 60%
radius. Should be equal of course.=0ASimplest knife edge pivot would be a p
air of nails through the wooden jig.=0AJerry Davis printed a better descrip
tion and diagram but I lost it years ago {{:-(=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____
___________________________=0A From: Frank Mycroft <frankm@clara.net>=0ATo:
 europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Monday, 2 September 2013, 18:58=0ASubje
ct: Europa-List: Prop balancing=0A =0A=0A=0A =0ADoes anyone know of someone
 in the UK who can =0Astatically balance an Arplast PV50 3-bladed propellor
.- I bought some =0Are-conditioned blades when I damaged my own, but they
 came with an obsolete hub =0Aso I fitted them to my old, and much newer hu
b, but the result is more out of =0Abalance then dynamic balancing can cope
 with, so I need to start with static =0Abalancing.- There is no point in
 trying Arplast as they don't seem to like =0AEnglish speakers and ignore t
=======