Europa-List: Interior Paint Styled Finish

Subject: Europa-List: Interior Paint Styled Finish
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:20:38

Gidday,
I'm working in the aft cockpit area and am wondering if anyone has found a
suitable
paint styled finish that I could apply at this stage, to give a light weight
but fairly harsh interior. I know of epoxy paints used on the inside of boats,
speckled, but this stuff as I recall from the list falls off and or badly
abrades and shows wear marks. I'd like to consider something I can just paint
on for example the back of the cockpit module down into the wells where the rear
tie rod is located. That entire rear area I'd prefer NOT to upholster, and
in fact I am thinking about not having any upholstery albeit I appreciate there
will be a noise significance. I figure noise cancelling headsets which I will
be wearing anyway should negate that, plus I think I am preferring the harsher
look rather than plush. I have carbon fibre wrap material, film, that I intend
on using over the tunnel and visible areas of the cockpit, once I master
how to use this stuff. Will have to steal my wife's hairdryer, a device I
absolutely
hate the sound of, but, if that is all you need to stretch this film around
complex curves, and it has such an interesting finish when done, that I'll
suffer it.
Thanks in anticipation, and hope.
Regards
Tony Renshaw