Re: Europa-List: Panel Paint

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Panel Paint
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:02:46
Hi

I have just recently painted my panel with rust-oleum textured spray paint a
nd covered the aluminium sub panels with a carbon fibre wrap.

I have attached a couple of pictures showing my panel.

Kind regards
Donald

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Aug 2013, at 20:56, "Europaul383" <europaul383@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What paint finish and manufacturer have others found successful?
>
> I am thinking mid grey for the main fibreglass and a lighter grey for the a
luminium sub-panels (factory-supplied). Anodising turns out brown on this al
loy, otherwise I'd have done that.

> I hear that satin is a good finish (gloss is too reflective and matt gathe
rs dust and greasy fingermarks, so soon looks patchy and ugly - a bit like m
e...)

> Obviously I need a UV-resistant paint and Plasti-kote make a good range, t
heir Super being well-recommended. Only problem is they do a light grey sati
n and a black satin... the only mid grey is gloss or matt.

> Have others found any problem with black as a main panel colour, or with m
att as a finish texture?

> So, choices.... the best finish (satin) in the "wrong" colour (black) or t
he best colour (grey) on the "wrong" finish (matt)?

=========
=========
=========
=========