Europa-List: Panel Paint

Subject: Europa-List: Panel Paint
From: Europaul383 <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:56:17

What paint finish and manufacturer have others found successful?

I am thinking mid grey for the main fibreglass and a lighter grey for the
aluminium
sub-panels (factory-supplied). Anodising turns out brown on this alloy,
otherwise
I'd have done that.

I hear that satin is a good finish (gloss is too reflective and matt gathers
dust
and greasy fingermarks, so soon looks patchy and ugly - a bit like me...)

Obviously I need a UV-resistant paint and Plasti-kote make a good range, their
Super being well-recommended. Only problem is they do a light grey satin and a
black satin... the only mid grey is gloss or matt.

Have others found any problem with black as a main panel colour, or with matt as
a finish texture?

So, choices.... the best finish (satin) in the "wrong" colour (black) or the
best
colour (grey) on the "wrong" finish (matt)?

Grateful for any answers.

Photo of panel so far, if it helps to picture the problem...

Paul M
383
XS Mono 912S

[Trans: aluminium = aluminum; colour = color; grey = gray :)]

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_3510_182.jpg